Lash Addicts recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
Our policy for dealing with your personal information is explained below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When used in this policy, “Personal Information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 for our Australian Operations and the Privacy Act 1993 for our New Zealand Operations. Personal Information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
The Personal Information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you - name, residential or business address, email address, post code, gender, age and date of birth, signature, telephone number.
We may also collect information from you that is not Personal Information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your Personal Information and may include:
1. Your shopping preferences and a list of products you have purchased from Lash Addicts. This may include your shopping history, product types, departments, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future.
2. Information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products.
3. Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other).
4. Information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms in relation to our products and services.
5. Device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access our WIFI service or interact with us through our online store (www.lashaddicts.com.au). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
6. Information collected via our secure payment processing systems.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of being able to sell and promote our products to you . In addition we collect your Personal Information so that we can carry out the following actions;
1. To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us.
2. To communicate with you including products and special offers which might interest you.
3. To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice.
4. To interact with you via social media and digital marketing.
5. To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products, accounts, tax invoices or receipts.
6. To provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products you have purchased, such as delivery service providers.
7. To carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Lash Addicts provide products to you.
8. To consider and respond to complaints made by you.
9. To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
PSEUDONYMS AND ANONYMITY
We will endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us Personal Information that we have not requested, or we determine that the Personal Information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your Personal Information can occur through the following interactions:
1. When you register with us by creating an account, or subscribe to our marketing programs.
2. When you access and use our website or WiFi services, or interact with us via social media or digital media.
3. When you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products.
4. When you communicate with us directly (by email or social media).
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may hold your Personal Information in electronic form. We retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to, email, SMS, regular mail, social media and other digital channels. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by emailing us at email@example.com. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You may access your Personal information (where it is held online) by logging in to our website at www.lashaddicts.com.au. You may also access your Personal Information held by Lash Addicts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like us to update or amend your Personal Information, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com and we will make the requested amendments. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.